07 August 2012

NIGERIA : I Want to Retire As African Champion - Oyedeji

D'Tigers captain, Olumide Oyedeji is considering hanging on a year before quitting the national basketball team. Oyedeji had revealed he would call it quit after the Olympics but yesterday said he is ready to go even though he would love to retire as an African champion.
"As at today, I am ready to go. But I have not won the Afrobasket championship for men as a player. It will be a great honour to retire as an African championship winner. I have won many things but not African championship. As a professional player, to retire as an African champion is great honour."
He said he believes this Olympic team will go far. "I believe in this team. I want to see it win the African championship having come this far." he said.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?