04 August 2012

KENYA : USIU Star soon to land a pro deal in Europe

Michezoafrika file picture
Michezoafrika file picture

 
Updated on 04/08/12 | By DENNIS MACHIO

She is one of the forces behind the rise of the USIU Flames Basketball team and her powerful combination with top points’ snatcher Hilda Indasi has constantly ripped top teams apart including former champions KPA and lately a walk past reigning defending champions Eagle Wings last weekend.
With her support, USIU Flames has won all her first leg matches and enjoy the summit of the KBF Premier league table as they go for glory at the end of the season.
Michezoafrika.com has reliably learned that Sarah Chan, a Sudanese national could soon land a professional deal in Europe with two top clubs in Portugal and France having expressed interest in signing her for the next season.
Chan a former Undergraduate student at USIU is expected to leave the country later in August once talks between her agent and the clubs conclude.
“I am excited at this opportunity but at the same time saddened that I will have to leave this wonderful team.” She said.
“We have had a good run this far in the league but I still hold a strong belief that the team is capable of holding on to their good performance to the end of the season.” She added.
“Currently I am weighing my options on whether to go to France or Portugal but whoever comes with the best deal I am ready for the challenge. It is always an honor to play for USIU anytime and my departure should serve as an encouragement to other players to perform better so they can also get a chance out there.” She added.
Chan holds the view that the Kenyan league has posted some tremendous growth lately but more so credits her team mates for their dedication and commitment towards making USIU one of the best teams in Kenya.
“There is a good blend in our team and for us being at the top, it shows there is growth. My team mates are just the best and I know they will continue with the smooth flow to the end of the season. I wish them all the best and I know they will remain up there, ” She concluded.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?