18 February 2008

UGANDA : Mulwana joins A-1 Challenge

by Sande Bashaija
Kampala

UTILITY guard Olivia Mulwana is the latest player to declare her intentions of quitting 2003 women champions Makerere Sparks. The three-point shooting maestro is joining 2005 champions and last year's losing finalists A-1 Challenge.

“Its unfortunate I am leaving a club I love but there is no option. I was forced to make the decision,” Mulwana said. Sparks, who failed to make the play-offs last season, have already lost captain Marion Nakaziba and Carol Nantalo to champions KCC Lions. Vicky Nassolo is also soon completing a move to Kampala International University (KIU) Rangers.

“I have gone through a lot of hardships with Sparks but unfortunately the club management has let us down. They have sold off players behind our backs yet we were trying to re-build,” Mulwana said.

“I am a free agent having spent more than two years at Sparks." Mulwana joined Sparks from Amazon Rhino in 2003 on a free transfer and is hoping to complete her move to A-1 Challenge without any hassles. Mulwana hopes to win honours with A-1 Challenge before she can call time on her career.

“Currently I am very busy but I can train very well with A-1 since they are near my work place,” she added.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?