28 January 2008

UGANDA : Rhinos Join Race for Blick

by Sande Bashaija
Kampala

FORMER National Basketball League champions Charging Rhino have declared their intentions to sign two-time Most Valuable Player (MVP) Norman Blick when the transfer window opens on February 4.

Rhino, league winners in 1997, narrowly survived relegation last season and are steadily working hard to regain their long lost glory.

Blick, who led Nkumba University Marines to two back-to-back championships in 2005 and 2006, told Daily Monitor he had been approached by Rhino.

"They told me they would contact their sponsors abroad to pay my tuition fees for a course at UMI (Uganda Management Institute) on top of getting me a job," Blick said.

Blick played for Rhino during the Abraham Lincoln tournament last month prompting many to assume he was due to join the team permanantely.

"I was just having fun in Abe Linc. Marines were not playing but I wanted to remain active, that's why I played for Rhino," he noted.
Blick, along side his brother Donald and Carrol Bisereko are also major targets for newly promoted Kampala City Council (KCC) Lions.

"I will take my time to decide which team to play for. I want a team that has ambition," the high-scoring player, who is also on Rwandan side Espoir's shopping list added.

He may however find difficulty in his transfer exercise with Marines team manager Patrick Ssebuliba defiant to release him.

"No other player apart from Olobo (Moses) has approached me concerning the transfer exercise. I think they are all staying," Ssebuliba told Daily Monitor early this week.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?