14 July 2013

KENYA : KPA coach impressed despite loss

 
 Updated on 13/07/13  |    By DENNIS MACHIO

Despite his team failing to flourish against the Eagles Wings in Nairobi at the Nyayo gymnasium court on Saturday, Kenya Ports Authority coach Anthony Ojukwu was satisfied with the character displayed by his young team.
KPA lost to the reigning national league champions Eagle Wings 68-46 (21-07, 13-19, 17-11, 17-09)  in the tense match and Ojukwu says his team approached the encounter with frail mental state especially in the first quarter as they allowed their opponents rip through the defense without much resistance.
“We allowed them open the gap early in the match.” He said, “I think my girls had a poor starting approach to this encounter especially in the first quarter where they looked intimidated. I have a good team, we have practiced well and I expected it to be a neck to neck match because Eagle Wings is equally good team.” He said.
“Nevertheless, I am excited because I have seen the girls recover to narrow the gap. I have a young team that is coming up well.  We had very many opportunities but failed to make them count but the most important thing however is that the team followed instructions. Losing happens but how you recover from the loss is what matters for us now.” He added

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?