15 January 2013

KENYA : Okwako: I will surely miss qualifying action in Dar

Kenya national team players
Kenya national team players

 
Updated on 15/01/13 | By BRIAN AYIEKO
The Most Valuable Player in the 2012 KBF Premier League Bobby Okwako says his drop out from the national team is a big blow to his balling career. He will be unavailable for national duty in Daresalaam Tanzania where Kenya will be taking part in the Zone 5 African Cup of Nations Qualifiers.
Okwako who turns out for 2012 League Champions Cooperative Bank cited family and work commitments as the reason why he could not make it to the team’s training base, "I am a family man and I put my family first. I would really like to go and play but it will be difficult mostly because of work commitments as my employers won’t allow me to offer maximum time for the team."
He is however satisfied that the Kenyan team selected by the coaches can bring home the ticket to the Cup of Nations, "I like the way the technical team has done its selection integrating the old and the new players. The experienced players will really bring a lot on the table and it is a big positive for the team. I wish them well."
Others dropped
Players Dropped from the team;
Antony Mbori
Clifford Gatonye
Evans Leting
Fred Osore
Joseph Odinyo
Kevin Kigotho

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?